The name of this box “Hallowitch” is a combination of the two words, Halloween and Witch, and it is a very amusing word.
My daughter Sofia has designed this piece at age eleven.
The whole process started when she received the invitation from Judy Odell, our dearest friend in California, USA.
I guess not many little girls or teenagers have received the honor to take part to an international Designing Ladies’ project.
We do not know what Sofia will do in her future years, but we know that design and colors will always have a special place in her life.
The combination of Italian designer, Italian stitcher, American threads, fabric, ribbons and buttons, gives this piece an international identity which fits very well with the Designing Ladies’ project of Judy.
The use of variegated silk threads, special ribbons and buttons, gives a lovely look to the box, and we are sure that you will enjoy while stitching it.
Chart pack includes designs charts and instructions for main box sections (top, lid band, wall band, bottom), scissors pocket, two doors needlebook, pin roll and ruler.
Buttons of Just Another Button Company:
– two buttons each: 2241.S – 3314.S – 4414.S – 4414.T
– one button each: 1137 – 1153.S – 2241.T – 3331.L – 3331.M – 3304.L – 1138.S – 4528.S – 1138.L
Materials for finishing:
– a piece of violet Dupioni silk for finishing the inside of the box and the scissors-needle book platform
– a little square of dark orange or pumpkin felt for needle book
– The Thread Gatherer Savoir Faire silk ribbon SF 095 Phoenix Rising for tassel of ruler, hooks of platform and pin disc
– The Thread Gatherer Wild Hairs thread: WH 026 Warthog Purple for lid band
– The Thread Gatherer Silk’n Colors silk thread 095 Phoenix Rising for needle book strings
– The Thread Gatherer Silk’n Colors silk thread 119 Sweet Lavender for string of scissors tassel
– five brass rings for ruler (available from Giulia Punti Antichi)
FINISHING INSTRUCTIONS AND STITCHING AND FINISHING MATERIALS ARE NOT INCLUDED
Finishing Instructions for the assembly of this box and sewing accessories are not included in the chart pack.
They can be found in the Designing Ladies’ “Stitcher’s Treasure Box” book by Judy Odell, (Just A Thought).
The book walks you, step-by-step, through the assembly process using written instructions, pictures, templates and hot tips along the way. Please refer to this book for full coverage of the finishing process.
||Desert Sand linen 32 ct from Wichelt|
||- The Thread Gatherer SNC:000 Snow Drift White, 0B Black Ink, 036 Blue Violet, 095 Phoenix Rising, 114 Sienna Bisque, 119 Sweet Lavender, 126 Monster Mash, 148 Dragon’s Breath, 151 Sprite Grass, 165 Cypress Umber, 172 Gingersnap, 191 Vivacious Violet, 205 Spotted Cobra, 206 Piccadilly Circus, 300 Yellow Crane, 974 Halloween Confetti, 994 Kaleidoscope - The Thread Gatherer Wild Hairs thread:WH 003 Orange for witch’s hair - Kreinik Metallics Very Fine Braid:010HL Steel Gray High Lustre, 150V Vintage Amber, 9294 Periwinkle - Kreinik Blending Filament: 032 Pearl|
||Cross stitch, back stitch, Diamond Smyrna Stitch|
||€/US$ 14.50 (chart with stitching info)|