This is a special sewing set with a scissors case and fob, a needlebook and threads-thimble keeper. I have used beautiful hand-dyed threads and fabric, plus matching wool felt by Weeks Dye Works. The red thread is more a sort of peaceful burgundy red and the green is simply perfect for my design. The finishing information are very detailed and templates are included in the chart pack.
With the same threads and fabric, I have also designed a matching biscornu which is published in the book “Un Natale da Ricamare 2008” edited by Mani di Donna, Roma Italy.
FINISHING INSTRUCTIONS included in the chart pack.
– Wool Fabric Collection 1333HT Lancaster Red by Weeks Dye Works
– green Dupioni silk fabric (DMC color 520)
– three skeins each of DMC cotton flosses 315, 520, 895, 902
– grosgrain burgundy ribbon, polyester green ribbon, one burgundy Mother-of-Pearl button, Skirtex, 1/8 in / 3 mm thick quilt batting, interfacing, Iron-on adhesive, matching sewing thread (burgundy, green and sand), a small amount of ecru felt for the scissors fob, acid free stick glue, Tacky glue and Fray-Stop.
– one Horn Book thread keeper made from walnut 4 x 2 in (10 x 5 cm) by Bloom Woodworks.
||Parchment 35 ct linen from Weeks Dye Works 12 x 17 inches (30.5 x 43 cm)|
||Weeks Dye Works Floss Collection: two skeins each of Raspberry 1336 and Seaweed 2159|
||Cross stitch over two, Cross stitch over one, Back stitch, Lazy Daisy Stitch, Eyelet Stitch over Six, Buttonhole Stitch.|
||size 26 tapestry needle|